Early Years (Seed)...Reverend James W. Rudasill, Sr.
- Founded by Reverend James W. Rudasill, Sr.
- First meeting was held February 2, 1963 at the home of John Hill on South Dakota Ave. NE in Washington DC
- First official service was held March 10, 1963 at 1922 13th St. NW
- Church relocated to 1416 Florida Ave. NE and held its first service February 6, 1964
- First anniversary of the church was March 8, 1964
- First revival of the church occurred April 4 – April 9, 1965 and Reverend Chester A. McDonald, Sr. was the revivalist
- Church relocated to 2628 11th St. NW under new leadership – Reverend Chester A. McDonald Sr. with a membership of 39
Stem/bud…Reverend Dr. Chester A. McDonald, Sr.
- Church relocated to 3425 Sherman Ave. NW on July 10, 1970
- First church building was purchased on February 5, 1973 located at 1601 23rd St. SE.
Church purchased land on July 30, 1978 and moved into our new building where our current site is located
- In 1986, the Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary was founded and became recognized on September 24, 1992 by the State of Maryland as a religious degree granting institution
- In 2000, the Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary became fully accredited by Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)
- In 2001, Reverend Chester A. McDonald, Sr. retired, and Reverend Dr. Larry W. Jordan was installed as the 3rd pastor on September 16, 2001
Head/composite (flower)…Reverend Dr. Larry W. Jordan
- In 2001, a non-profit community-based organization was founded to focus on our youth named the Maple Springs Community Service Corporation
- In October 2004, Maple Springs hosted its first community health event “Health, Fun and Fitness Day” and it continues to be held yearly
- In April 2007, MSBC planted an international ministry in the Dominican Republic
- In 2008, a farming project was implemented in the Kericho District in Kenya, East Africa to supply food during the food shortages
- In February 2009, Maple Springs dedicated the Kipsitet Baptist Church Medical Clinic in Kenya, East Africa to distribute medicine and health care supplies to government dispensaries
- Reverend Dr. Larry W. Jordan retired December 31, 2016
Ripening…Reverend Jerome (Sam) Tarver, D.Min